Ally Grant, our President
President, Ally Grant, welcomes all to Milford Cricket Club for the 2017 season.
See his video on our facebook site at the link below.
Come along and try us!!! Nets start 22nd March.
Secretary’s Report (Ally):
- Format for 2017 season to be split:
- Win lose format at start of season
- Current format mid-season
- Win lose format at end of season
- Win lose format includes bonus points etc. It will be an interesting season to see how this goes.
- Saturday Second Team – When the Saturday first eleven are playing away we are to try and get a home game for a second team. When availability e mail is sent if we have enough players for two teams we will arrange a home game for that Saturday. Please as many players as possible to make themselves available to make this work.
- If anyone has contact details for any old or new players please send them to Mike.
Fixture Secretary (Goody):
- Firstly thanks Kevin for the years that you have fulfilled this role.
- We will share this between the committee members in 2017 unless someone would like to take on this role?
- Fixtures now up on our site. See below link.
- There are also some Sunday fixtures arranged and if anyone knows of any team who would like a Sunday friendly please contact Mike.
Treasurers Report (Goody):
- The club is in a healthy position financially however we cannot underestimate the importance of Car Boot Sales for revenue stream.
- If you would like to see a copy of our 2016 accounts please contact me and I will send a copy.
Car Boots (Will):
- Again many thanks Will for another great effort with organizing car boots last year.
- 2017 car boot dates are at below link. Please let Will or Mike know if you can help at any of the car boots.
* Milford Green car boot date is 28/8/17
Annual Subs and Match Fees:
- Annual Subs for 2017 will be £50 for adults (£40 Full Time Education or Student), and £20 for juniors.
- Match Fees for 2017 will be £15 for adults.
- To try and encourage more players we want to make Annual Subs and Match Fees as flexible as possible. If you choose to pay your Annual Subs ‘up front’ that is great. Your Match Fees will be £10. If you would like to pay £15 per match this is absolutely fine and if you play 10 games this will revert to £10 per game. This gives ALL our players another option on how to pay annual subs.
- Match Fees for juniors will be £6.
Election of Officers:
- Chairman – Mike Payne
- Saturday Captain – Ally Grant & Gordon Gwilliam to share responsibilities
- Sunday and Midweek matches – To be shared with potential for some of our youngsters to gain experience captaining the team.
- Treasurer – Kevin Goodship
- Secretary – Ally Grant
- Bar Committee – Craig, Rich Hawkins & Andrew Fergusson.
- Child Welfare Officer – Mike Payne
- Colts Co-ordinator – Mike Payne
- This is one of our key focuses for 2017/2018. We have site visits with Witley Parish Council arranged and we will keep you all updated with developments.
- Another key focus to fund our outdoor nets. Please as many of our members as possible to support the various fundraising projects over the coming months.
- A subcommittee to be set up to ensure correct structure/process in place to maximize potential (Mike to drive).
- 2017 training starts Tuesday 25th April for 13 weeks for 8-11 and 12 – 16 year olds.
- Plan to possibly gain matches combining local clubs? 2018/2019 start process for fixtures?
- Local schools contacted with 2017 details.
Indoor nets at Charterhouse:
- Start Wednesday 22nd March at Charterhouse from 8.30 to 9.30 for six weeks until 26th April.
Mike Payne – 16.3.17
Our partners at RD Groundcare are looking to expand, could you be the person!
ASSISTANT GROUNDSMAN – FULL TIME
Have you thought of being a Groundsman with RD Groundcare? A position that combines your love of cricket with a summer spent in the great outdoors.
I am looking for a new assistant Groundsman. This is to assist with maintaining cricket pitches for around 10 clubs. We also undertake some general grass cutting. Daily duties will also include; using specialist machinery, repairing divots, line marking, re-seeding worn areas and machinery maintenance.
Capable of working under pressure and on your own initiative.
You will have basic DIY skills and a practical aptitude for grounds maintenance.
A full Drive License
A love CRICKET and dogs!
The successful candidate will have a fixed term contract running until 1st Oct 2017. Salary to be discussed on an individual basis.
For more information please contact (rob) email@example.com
Welcome to 2017
After a great finish to the season, we are back in Division 3 of the I’Anson with 5 months of cricket ahead. We start Easter Saturday! Pre season nets are being booked and watch this space. Fixtures will up in the next few days.
This year Ally and Gees will be captaining the Saturday 1st XI.
Mike is cracking on with the colts for the biggest colts year ever for the club.
We have 7 Car Boots organised starting 7th May.
Lots going on, if you are interested then please get in contact. Whether it is watching on a Saturday, involving the children in the colts or playing for us- all are welcome!!!
Apologies but the Boot Fair is off today. Too much rain overnight and with Football starting next week, too much of a risk!
Thanks for all your support over the year and we look forward to seeing you in 2017.Will